After such a long holiday, our group come back again..hehe..today, we would like to talk about denial of service attack. What is denial of service attack? Denial of service attack is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. For your information, denial of service attack is a type of cyber crime.
A Denial of service attack can be perpetrated in a number of ways. The five basic types of attack are:
1. Consumption of computational resources, such as bandwidth, disk space, or processor time
2. Disruption of configuration information, such as routing information.
3. Disruption of state information, such as unsolicited resetting of TCP sessions.
4. Disruption of physical network components.
5. Obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.
In the Police and Justice Act 2006, the United Kingdom specifically outlawed denial-of-service attacks and set a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. The question arise, how about the case happens in Malaysia? any suggestion? :-)
posted by Bee Ling